Sunday, September 6, 2015

National Read-A-Book day! Facts & Tag

Current read, Reader’s Problem Tag, and Fun Facts! 

Hey all! 
Happy National Read A Book day! :D 

Here’s some facts about reading I found to commemorate this (unofficial) holiday! 

1. Reading can help prevent Alzheimer’s 

2. Being a reader means that you are more likely to learn something new every day
3. People who read more are more likely to vote, exercise, and be more cultural
4. Reading can be therapeutic
5. Reading enhances your memory
6. Fiction books increase your ability to empathize with others (so many character deaths, *cries*)
7. People in Iceland read more books per capita than any other country
8. Reading about yawning makes you yawn 
10. Most readers loose interest on page 18
11. Harry Potter is the most banned book across America
12. During traditional reading, 1/6th of your time is lost due to eye movement 

I”m also doing the “Reader’s Problems Tag!”

1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
Like with my current TBR, I’d just go with what I feel like reading at the moment =p 

2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re not loving it. Do you quit or do you commit? 
Commit, it might get better by the end :) 

3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away from finishing your goodreads reading challenge! Do you try to catch up, and how? 
Nah, I don’t try to catch up. Usually end of the year = exam time. Catching up would be a bit crazy then. 

4. The covers of a series you love do not match. How do you cope? 
I cringe, but go with it. That’s actually the case with a lot of series I have (or the first book is in French, or i’ll randomly have one hardcover out of the entire paperback series, or there’s different publishers...) 

5. Everyone loves a book that you don’t really like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Well, I’ll usually at least find ONE other person out there who has the same opinion as me. Either that or one of my friends who doesn’t read much =p 

6. You’re reading a book and you’re about to start crying in public. How do you deal? 
You mean when I’m on the bus or at uni? Emmm... either I close the book and finish it at home and cry in my room, or I just deal with it and feel strange but it’s worth finishing the book in the end. 

7. A sequel to a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads? Cry in frustration?
Re-read! Just like before seeing a book-to-movie adaptation, I’ll always re-read the book before seeing the movie (I’m talking to you, Hunger Games! Can’t wait!!) 

8. You do not want anyone - ANYONE - borrowing your books (I actually don’t mind, borrow away -p ) How politely do you say no when they ask?)
I usually don’t say no, but if I had to say no, I’d say that I’m sorry but I’ve had some bad experience with letting people borrow books before. 

9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books over the last month. What do you do to get out of your reading slump? 
Read one of my favorites :) It works 100% of the time! 

10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy? 
As many as I can find where I live, which is not that much. For the rest I hope I get them for my birthday/christmas, or order them on amazon when I feel like I really can’t wait! (Illuminae Files and The Rest of us Just Live Here, I’m coming for you!) 

11. After you’ve bought the new books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your bookshelf before you get to them?
That realllllllly depends. For example I’ve been dying to read Angelfall and Saint Anything, but I have a few ARCs to read asap for review... Other times, I just finish my current read and pick those ones up next! 

And to finish off, here’s my current read! 

The Secret Fire, by C.J. Daughterty





I’m just over halfway with this eARC that I recieved through NetGalley from the publisher, and I’ve been loving it! Awesome story!! Super unique! 





Let me know what book you are reading today! What did you think of the tag? 

Have a great reading day! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!