Saturday, July 27, 2019

Mini Reviews 4

Hey, all! 

I've had the opportunity to read many books recently, but due to lots of events, I haven't taken the time to review hardly any of them! Thus here's a new round of the surprisingly-enjoyed Mini Reviews! 


1. The Ruined, Amy Tintera 
I read this absolute ages ago! The Ruined is a fun story, I liked how the personalities of the characters were written. However it wasn't always done in a way that made sense, as far as I remember. The main character was interesting, however made quite predictable choices. It definitely was fun, and I will read the next book, but for me it was a 3/5 star read :) 

2. Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo
Shadow and Bone was really amazing! I absolutely loved the world building, and was just amazed at the magic system, and really loved all of the characters and their interactions. It's been a while since I read it, but I remember really loving it, more than I had hoped for! I can see it's gonna amaze me even more though, so I'm giving it a 4/5. 

3. And I Darken, by Kirsten White
Aa this was a recent finish and I have a lot of thoughts about it! It's not easy for me to follow politics in books, to be honest. However all of the side plots and intrigue were very gripping to me. The end especially blew my mind! However I was confused about how the author portrayed the ages of the characters. There were moments when a characters' actions were so out of line with their age that it really broke the narrative, in my opinion. It was an odd mix of love-and-confusion, thus I gave it a 3.5/5 stars. 

4. Me Before You, by Jojo Moyes
One of my favourite contemporaries ever, Me Before You was adorable yet, of course, heartbreaking. I absolutely love Jojo's writing style so will certainly be reading After You once I pick it up! This book is full of amazing characters with very different ways of life and thinking, making it very easy to get very attached to the story. 5/5 stars. 

5. Magus of the Library, by Mitsu Izumi 
Magus of the Library is a manga I just picked up, that I really enjoyed! It is absolutely beautifully drawn, and has an amazing setting. Imagine a mix between 1001 nights, in a place where books are reserved for the elite and are essentially worshipped. The first chapter of this series was heartwarming and very hopeful in every important way. I just bought the second chapter, I cannot wait to read it! 4/5 stars. 

6. Beyond the Clouds 3, by Nicke 
I really love the Beyond the Clouds mangas! It's a fantasy/steampunk blend that is all overlaid in a childlike fantasy. This third instalment was a little bit of a letdown, if only because it was wholly focused on one plot point. However it was still lovely so I gave it 3/5 stars! 


Stay bookish! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!