Sunday, April 28, 2019

20 Questions Book Tag

Hey, all! 

I was tagged in something! I haven't done a blog tag in the longest time, I missed these. Then again, I may have been tagged in the past year or so, but I've been bad at keeping up with other people's blogs! Now I have many blog links in my daily website check-up list, which I'm really enjoying :) 

Anywho I was tagged by one of my first blog friends, Kayleigh to do the 20 Questions book tag! Make sure to check out her blog, A Book Lovers Playlist

1. How many books is too many books in a series? 
Aaah for someone who has been craving stand-alones this is a difficult one! I like duologues and trilogies. I can handle pentologies like Percy Jackson, but usually any more than that is a drag. I had a really hard time finishing The Mortal Instruments, and I'm still not done with the Throne of Glass however-many-logy it is! 

2. How do you feel about cliffhangers?
I actually love them! It makes me want to pick up the next book right away, which is a feeling I love! (Especially when I already have the next book, makes for one big story!)

3. Hardcover or Paperbacks?
Hardcovers for aesthetics, paperbacks for reading. This does make my reading life difficult, yes. floppy paperbacks are just so convenient to read, hardbacks are so bulky, but look SO good on a shelf! 

4. Favourite book? 
Whoever made this quiz is cruel! :'D 
All time? The Giver by Lois Lowry.

5. Least favourite book? 
An ARC I read, that will remain unnamed. I was one of the only few who got the ARC, there are almost no reviews, and I will keep it that way. Sorry, guys. 

6. Love Triangles: Yes or No? 
If they're done well. I'm a little annoyed by the constant 'inconvenient' Katniss-Gale-Peeta love triangle. But trios like Tessa-Will-Jem where there is more than just romantic love and heartbreak and pettiness flying around really gets to me, in a good way. 

7. The most recent book you just couldn't finish? 
I properly cannot remember. I'm not a big book not-finisher, to be honest!

8. A book you're currently reading? 
Caraval, by Stephanie Garber. I'm only a few chapters in but I'm enjoying it so far! 

9. Last book you recommended to someone? 
A Darker Shade of Magic, by V.E. Schwab, to quite a few people actually!

10. Oldest book you've read? 
Does 12th-grade Shakespeare mandatory reads count? If so, that. 

11. Newest book you've read? 
I'm also currently reading an ARC of Shadow Frost by Coco Ma, that will be published this June! I really am enjoying it a lot!

12. Favorite author? 
Again, cruel, cruel question. For what he brought to my life, I'm going to say Rick Riordan. 

13. Buying books or borrowing books? 
Buying. I don't even have a local library card, because my reading mood fluctuates so much that I might borrow a book and not read it by the time it's due. Plus I just like having the books that I enjoyed with me :) 

14. What book do you dislike that everyone else seems to love?
The Perks of Being a Wallflower is a book that I often bring up as one I didn't like. It was too much in 200 pages, I got overwhelmed and in a state of overthinking-related-anxiety. When a book does that, it's a no-go for me! 

15. Bookmarks or dog-ears? 
I'm gonna break it to you, I used to be a serial dog-ear-er! When I was 12-14 I loved seeing my reading progress through the use of dog ears for some reason, I found it super satisfying! Now I don't dare to, and use bookmarks instead for everything I read. 

16. A book you can always re-read? 
The Lightening Thief, Clockwork Princess, and Illuminae, amongst others! I love re-reading!

17. Can you read while listening to music? 
That, my dears, really depends on my mood. Sometimes I focus the best with some funky Jamiroquai or something more punk like P!ATD, or even acoustic versions of some of my favorite songs. Other days, like today, I only seem to be able to work with rainstorm noises. I have apps dedicated to background noise that have saved more than one grade. 

18. Single or multiple POVs? 
To be honest, I like both. I have absolutely zero preference. Maybe single POV, because sometimes some POV's just bore me, haha! (I'm looking at you, Chaol Westfall). 

19. Do you read a book in one sitting or over multiple days? 
I think it depends on the length of the book. If I can read it in a day, I will. If not, I'll take the time. 

20. Who do you tag?
Erika @ Books And Stars, you're up! (Also guys please check out her blog it's one of my favourites, and Erika is the SWEETEST human ever!) 

Stay bookish!

2 comments:

  1. I like standalones too. When a series gets past 3 or 4 books, I start to lose interest. I don’t even bother starting long series. I’m the same way with paperback vs. hardcover. Hardcovers are pretty and don’t fall apart, but reading them murders my wrists.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% with you on that losing interest thing! It gets so hard to hold on unless it is suuuper interesting! That is what kept my going for Throne of Glass!
      Oh that's so true about the wrist murders! One could write a book about that, haha!

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!