Tuesday, August 14, 2018

I've been tagged a few times...

Hey, all! 


So if you've been following me for a while, you'll know that I love Instagram. I really have fun making photos and talking to people who love books as much as I do... it's really a creative outlet! 

I've always tried to stay relatively active on it - I post almost every day (less frequently during exam/uni seasons), I try to go through my newsfeed to like what I like and to comment on what I really like. 

But one thing I never really got around to doing was checking the things people tagged me in... 

Instagram is an odd place. It's a place where people will follow you and unfollow you if you don't follow them back within the hour. It's a place where random accounts will contact you to work with them even though you've never heard of them. It's a place where some people tag a maximum of accounts in a photo to make sure those accounts see them and like their photos. 

Seriously, some people are odd. It's not about the numbers, guys

And then there are those who are actually fun to work with, who tag you in photos that have challenges in the captions! Some of the challenges are a stretch - we went from #greenbooks to #fivecharactersIwouldlovetogetflowersfrom, others actually have a list of questions like a blogger tag! 

So I decided to catch up with all of the blogger tag-type tags in this post. There's quite a few of them but I'd be honored if you would click on the tagger name and follow the lovely accounts that I found through this! 

Note: I won't be doing all of them. I was tagged a lot in the past year, so I hand-picked some. 


1. Inez @gin_reads - #ForestBookTag

Pine - a book that helped you get through a dark time
- Queens of Geek recently helped me realize that the mental thing I have isn't all so bad, and that it's okay to talk about it :) Typing it out here really helped! 

Oak - a book/story you dreamt about
- I don't often dream about books, but I do have a story I've been dreaming about! A Caro original, more details in the future. 

Birch - a book with some sort of protector
- Magnus Bane from any Shadowhunters book is the best protector in the world. Just saying. 

River - two characters meant to be together
- Ezra and Kady from Illuminae. Fight me. 

Cave - favorite villain 
- Sebastian Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments. 

Stone - a character you love but everyone else hates
- I honestly have no idea who people hate! 





#PiratesOfTheCarribeanTag

Jack Sparrow - Character who gets out of crazy situations
Hannah and Nick from Gemina - if you haven't read it you don't get it.

William Turner - Defies death
Harry Potter seems to be the obvious choice here.

Elizabeth Swan - Female who breaks the mold 
ONLY SHOOTING STARS BREAK THE MOLD!
Nah, how about Amani from Rebel of the Sands.

Captain Salazar - badass villain
(Repeat of the one about villains above oops)

Henry Turner - Prince Charming
JEM CARSTAIRS OKAY?

Carina Smyth - Smart female character
Why are the others dumb? Lila Bard, A Darker Shade of Magic. 



2. @mitaluimmekerran - #BookWormTag

How old were you when you started reading? - By myself? 5. 

Did you start reading on your own? - My mom always read a lot to me, I just never stopped! 

How many books can you read in a month? - On vacation, 5-6, during classes, one or two maximum. 

Do you belong in a book club? - No, I don't want to be told what to read ^^. 

Howling at the Moon - Milow 


3. Amna @the_book_witch_of_hogwarts - #BookHowl

A book you've been too lazy to read? - Six of Crows, actually. I know, shame on me. 

A book you always reread? - Percy Jackson and the Olympians! 

A book that made you fall in love with reading? - The Magic School Bus! ^^ 


4. Mireille @honeybookz - #ThisOrThat

Reading in a bed or on the couch - we have a new couch and its super cozy.

Male or female protagonist - Both are fine, but I haven't read a male protagonist in a while.

Bookstore or Library - Bookstore, always.

Black or White cover - I have so many black covers, I need some white ones! 

Character or Plot - If you've been reading my page for a while, you know I'd rather have characters I love than a good plot. 


That's going to be it for today! I hope that you'll take the time to do some of these as well! You're all tagged :) Have a lovely day.

Stay bookish!


2 comments:

  1. Is it bad that I didn’t know there were blogger-like tags on Instagram? It’s annoying that people unfollow you so quickly if you don’t follow them back. If I don’t get on Instagram for a few days, I’ll have lost a bunch of followers because I didn’t have time to check out their accounts and decide if I want to follow.

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey AJ!
      It really seems to be a new thing! They used to be simple like #bluebooks for instance but now there's whole lists of questions!

      Aie yes that's been a problem for me too, but it seems to have been getting better lately!

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!