Sunday, June 28, 2015

Inkheart

Inkheart, by Cornelia Funke

Hey all! 
Just finished Inkheart, and to be honest, I was a bit disappointed by it :| 
The main reason why I gave it 3/5 stars on goodreads is because I LOVE the story and the idea behind it! 
But I also had a few problems with the book. 
I don't know why, but I had a hard time being drawn into the book, and feeling connected to the characters... Its a bit strange to explain, but it feels like I couldn't really absorb all of it. 
Also, who else thought that the ending was anticlimactic? Capricorn's death was like "his heart stopped beating, and no one went up to help him". Boom. Done. That's it. I've seen the movie version of this and it portrayed his death  much more dramatically!

Overall, great idea, great plot, but there were a few bits and pieces that could have been a lot better. 

As mentioned, I gave this book 3/5 stars on goodreads! 
This book filled my 'a book you started but never finished' goal! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!