Saturday, December 1, 2018

12 Days of Giving - Day 1 - Books 2 Africa

Hello, dragonflies! 

This is the first day of 12 Days of Giving, #bookish12days, has begun! 

Today, I am spreading word about Books-2-Africa

This is a charity that I discovered recently, that I found has a really good way of working. Books2Africa is based in the UK and collects books that will be sorted based on quality and on need, before sending them out to specific countries for specific uses. 

Literature is an important angle of a modern education. We have all read books in school, and, if you're reading this, you've definitely learned to read. Many countries have very low literature rates, partially because of the lack of teaching facilities and medium, such as - you guessed it! - books. Being able to understand specific areas and their specific needs really makes it possible to tailor the aid that is being sent. 

Today, I am being helped by the amazing Elizabeth Sagan to spread the word about Books 2 Africa! You've likely heard of her from Instagram and from the blogosphere - she's incredible! Thanks, girl :) 

Finally there is a link on the sidebar to donate money to the event! At the end of the 12 days, a poll will be added to determine which charity the money should be sent to :) Of course, this is completely optional! 

Stay bookish! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!