Thursday, November 22, 2018

12 Days of Giving, #bookish12days

Hello, dragonflies, and happy thanksgiving! 

I am taking this opportunity to say that I am thankful for what I have - a steady family, friends who I know I can count on, an education, a safe place to live, and access to every basic need. 

It sounds obvious, but I promise, I have a point. 

Since I started university in 2014, I have been involved in my uni's Charity Committee - I spent two and a half years running it and a year and a half helping out when I could. This really passed on a lot of insight regarding the world we live in. 

So many people don't have access to education, or have to walk for a long time through dangerous areas to get to school. The illiterate population in the world is large, as is the amount of people who can read, but don't have access to books. Kids are pulled into street gangs to be able to possibly make money, children in lower-class urban regions don't always have access to the things we do... it's these types of problems that have had me thinking for the past few years. I am so happy that I have been able to participate in helping several low-scale charities to help specific areas of the world! 

Giving feels great. 

Now, I'm not in that school anymore - my new uni isn't the easiest to start committees in, yet I still want to help people. 

So, I decided to do something. 

Between December 1st and December 12th inclusive, I am hosting, both on my blog and my instagram, an event called 12 Days of Giving, #bookish12days. Every day during that timeframe, I will be advertising a charity that I have chosen. Some of these will be charities I have supported with my university in the past, whilst others I have discovered more recently. This event will be split into daily and event-wide mini-events. 

- Every day a new charity...
- advertised with the help of a larger influencer... 
- accompanied by a relevant blog-wide event 

The 12 days total will have
- a large giveaway... 
- in which extra entries can be gained if you can send me proof of donation to your local charity. 
- a personal donation to a local charity of books and school supplies! 

I have so much planned for you guys! You can already get hyped with buzzwords like 'Secret Santa', 'contests', 'photo theme challenges', 'tags'... 

I honestly cannot wait to start sharing these charities with you! They will be mostly educational and bookish, but I also do have a mental health charity :) 

I am not sure weather or not I'll have a money drive that will be sent to the most popular charity, but in any case, I am someone who wholly believes that even just raising awareness can help! 

If you want to follow this event, make sure to follow the hashtag #bookish12days! The influencers I have contacted have all sorts of ways to advertise these charities, so who knows what platform this may end up on! 

Stay bookish! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!