Thursday, September 22, 2016

Greek Mythology Book Tag!

Hey all! 

First of all, I want to extend a big thank you to Cloe @ Mornings and Epilogues for tagging me to do this! You really should check out her blog, it’s super nice! 

Since reading Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief when I was 11-ish, I’ve loved Greek mythology. If you’ve been following this blog for a while, you’ll remember that Erika and I did a mythology-themed read-along last October. (That’s almost a year ago! That’s incredible!!!) 

So without further ado, I present to you my answers for the Greek Mythology Book Tag! 


1. Zeus: God of the Sky and Thunder - The King of the Gods
- Your favorite book from any category
I hate these questions about favorites... but if we go with Dystopian, I need to say The Giver. That book for me is just way, way up there with my favorites! 


2. Hera: Goddess of Marriage and Fertility
- Cutest book couple 
So hard to choose... I kinda want to say Percy and Annabeth even though it’s a common answer... but they’re so adorable! ^^ 


3. Poseidon: God of the Seas and Earthquakes
- Book that drowned you in feels 
Oh, I wonder what I’ll choose for this category, I really have no idea... *Holds up Clockwork Princess*, I don’t know, any ideas, everyone? No? Ok then! 


4. Athena: Goddess of Wisdom, Handicraft and Strategic Warfare
- Series with the best world building 
Ok. There’s a lot of levels of world building. There’s literal from-nothing world building, then there’s world appropriation, or adding a hidden world to our existing one. There’s so many amazing worlds to choose from, thus I won’t go for the obvious Harry Potter answer. Instead, I’ll go with both a world appropriation answer and a world addition answer. For the first one, I’m saying the Stravaganza series by Mary Hofmann. Seriously, if you haven’t read these, please do and let me know what you think of them! I think they’re seriously underhyped! 
Then, for the world addition, I’m going to say the Percy Jackson series - they way the author builds greek mythology into our current world is just perfect! 


5. Hades: God of the Underworld 
- Favorite book with a dark/ominous plot
The Darkest Lie, by Pintip Dunn is an awesome mystery! 


6. Aphrodite: Goddess of Love and Beauty
- Most beautiful cover on a 2016 release 
I think I have to give this one to Rebel of the Sands. I can’t get over how beautiful the cover is!! I also really love those for The Sun is Also a Star and Passenger! 


7. Ares: God of War and Bloodshed
- Most violent book you have ever read
Fire Color One. It wasn’t really physically violent, but definitely mentally violent. 


8. Hephaestus: God of Blacksmiths and Fire
- Most swoon-worthy character
I guess Will Herondale? He’s not my favorite male character, but I guess it fits the description best. 


9. Artemis: Goddess of the Hunt and the Moon 
- Favorite awesome heroine 
Amani, Kady and Laia all deserve the title. (From Rebel of the Sands, An Ember in the Ashes and Illuminae). They’re quite unknown as characters but deserve more respect! 


10. Hermes: Messenger God of Thieves and Commerce
- Book with the best message
I’m going to say I am the Messenger - Its message basically says that simple actions can really help people out in times of need :) 


11. Hestia: Goddess of Home and Hearth
- Book with the most relatable story
The Mortal Instruments! Hahah no just kidding =P. Considering the contemporaries I have read, I’m going to say Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell. I mean, a girl who’s in college, who loves books and who’s just growing up though it all? Yeah that’s like me! 


12. Demeter: Goddess of Agriculture
- Favorite bookish setting
OOh that’s a good question! Setting’s usually the most important in fantasy/scifi, so let’s start with that. I love the setting of Harry Potter, but I think I’ll stick with the setting in Stravaganza - renaissance Italy, I mean come on! But there’s so many others I love, such as Illuminae, the Mortal Instruments, Magonia or even A Court of Thorns and Roses! 


13. Dionysus: God of Wine and Celebration
- Most anticipated 2016 release 
Gemina! Gemina! Gemina! I absolutely can’t wait for this to be released! I pre-ordered a signed copy + book swag through The YA Chronicles and I absolutely can’t wait for it to arrive in the end of October! 
I’m also tempted to say A Torch Against the Night, but that was already published... so yeah ^^ 


And that’s it! :D I’ve been working on this for a while now, and have to get going, so I’m not going to tag anyone! But, if you saw this and think it looks like fun, please consider yourself to be tagged! I’d love to see your answers! :D 

I’ve had assignments due all throughout the week, and I’m working on my last 2 (finally!). Since my last review, I haven’t read anything and it feels so strange... I might just pick up a re-read or something to get me back into the swing of things tomorrow, after handing my homework in. Or maybe the Shadowhunter’s Codex. Hmm... we’ll see! 

Have a fabulous day! 


4 comments:

  1. It's really funny how easily I can succumb to feeling overload at the mere mention of Clockwork Princess. I swear, if I had an arch-nemisis, all they would have to do is say those two words, and it would be game over for me "o.o
    AHHHH, you're getting Gemina swag too? That's so cool! Argh, I so desperately want to read the book right now! I'm just dying inside...
    I'm in the same boat with you on not having read anything for a while...why must school be so time-consuming? Sigh. But good luck with your assignments! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? It’s like that one feels-book that probably gets everyone everywhere.
      Yes! :D There’s a subscription box company that’re doing a special box for the release of Gemina and it looks so worth it!! Can’t wait to get it in october!
      I kinda want to re-read illuminae before reading gemina, but I don’t have it here with me /: Maybe I can find it in a library somewhere?
      Yess, school’s being super dense, but I’m on a one-week break (yay!) and have been catching up a bit :)
      Thanks and you too!

      Delete
  2. This is a fun tag! I never studied much of Greek Myths, but I do love when they are in a story. I have Rebel of the Sands and haven't read it yet, that's sad. I know everyone has loved it. I am really looking forward to Gemina as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully you’ll get to Rebel soon, it was so unique and amazing! :D

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!