Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag - 2019

Hey, all! 

Can you believe we are already halfway through 2019, or only 6 month until it's the 20's again? I could have sworn New Years Eve was yesterday. So far, 2019 has been a really descent year for me, fingers crossed that the second half of the year will be lovely as well! 

As every year's midway point approaches, book tubers and bloggers galore are taking part in the Mid-Year Book Freakout Tag. What is it you ask? Just a list of prompts trying to get you to say what you think of the books you have read so far! 

Disclaimer: if you manage do to this without referring to your Goodreads page, you are a sorcerer and I am impressed and want your powers.



1. Best book of the year so far
My best discovery of the year was certainly Caraval, by Stephanie Garber! For some reason, reading it reminded me of that feeling I had when reading The Hunger Games! I just received books 2 and 3 so cannot WAIT to read them this summer!
2. Best sequel read so far
I haven't actually read many sequels this year! Does Clockwork Princess count? I have read it before, but it seems to be the only 'sequel' I have read this year! 
3. New release I haven't read but really want to 
Finale by Stephanie Garber! See question 1 for reasons as to why... 
4. Most anticipated release
I'm gonna be kinda predictable and go with Shadow Frost by Coco Ma! I read the first e-ARC version, now I have an updated physical ARC... this book will be out in October and I cannot wait to see what Coco came up with! 
5. Biggest Disappointment 
The Truth and Lies of Ella Black, by Emily Barr... I had such high hopes, the premise sounded amazing! But I had a very hard time finishing it at all. 
6. Biggest Surprise
I was totally surprised with how much I ended up loving reading the Selection trilogy! It was so fun and light-hearted, I can totally recommend it for a guilty pleasure reading session! 
7. Favorite New Author
It's a tie between Stephanie Garber and Leigh Bardugo for me! Have read one book of theirs each and yes, I need to read more before making a more informed decision. 
8. Newest Fictional Crush
I am gonna surprise a lot of long-time followers... but I haven't fallen for any fictional guys this year! Am I evolving? Is this an alternate Caroline? What?!
9. Newest Favorite Character
Asterin from Shadow Frost was awesome - actually, all of those characters were colourful and interesting in their own right! 
10. Book that made me cry
Ghosts of the Shadow Market - What did you expect, it's a Jem novella. 
11. Book that made me happy
The Selection trilogy - no shame, I felt like a kid again!
12. Favorite book-to-movie adaptation seen this year
... Have I seen any this year?! I think I've only been to the movies twice since the beginning of 2019 and I don't think I've seen any book-to-movie adaptations! 

13. Favorite review I've written
To be fair, my review of the book fair I went to last week was dope. It got shared many times and I just had such a fun time writing it - I'm liking my new writing style: literally brain vomit in style and ideas! 
14. Most beautiful book bought this year
That I bought!? Um well I haven't bought very many books this year, but I must say that Ink by Alice Broadway is BEAUTIFUL! 
15. Books I need to read by the end of the year 
Oh god where do I begin
I want to re-read VE Schwab before meeting her in October
I want to re-read The Dark Artifices
A few eARCs 
the new Markus Zusak
Six of Crows (I promised) 

That's it! Tell me, what was your most unexpected buy of the year? 

Stay bookish! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!