Friday, August 12, 2016

Ruler of Books - Tag!

Hey all! 

I’m so sorry I’ve been so non-acive... I mean it’s only been a week so it’s not that much, but I’m really used to blogging more often. 

I’m still getting used to, and exploring, Australia!

So I was on youtube and I saw a bunch of youtubers doing the Ruler of Books tag. Since some of them had different questions in them, I kind of combined them to make a Ruler of Books medley of sorts. ^-^ 

For those of you who don’t know, imagine a book kingdom, with a royal family and an amazing publishing company and everything. Now this tag asks questions as if you were the king/queen of this kingdom.

So let’s get this started! :D 

1. What book would you make everyone read?
As queen (or princess) of this kingdom, I would most likely make everyone read The Giver, by Lois Lowry. This isn’t even my favorite book (although it’s way up there with my favorites), but I just think that this is something everyone has to read at least once. 

2. What would you abolish from book construction? 
One thing I don’t like that has to do with book making is when you have a book that’s hardback, but there’s no dustjacket (you know what I mean?). The cover is printed on the hardback itself and it’s strangely glossy and it just feels wrong. 

3. What author would you commission to write every book ever? OR What autor would you commission to write a book for you?
Ooh I have a few ideas for this - either J.K. Rowling, because, let’s be honest, she’s the queen of books, Suzanne Collins, or Cassandra Clare... I have a few others but this’ll just end up being a huge list! 

4. What book would you demote to the library basement to make room for new books?
Please don’t judge me too harshly for this, but I have to say The Perks of Being a Wallflower, one of the most popular books out there. I just didn’t like it, and would rather put it in the basement to make room for something I’ll enjoy more. 

5. What cover artist would you commission to paint a beautiful mural?
I would probably ask Dominique Falla to make a mural. She created the cover for books such as The Sun is Also a Star, and I just love that cover! 

6. What character’s face would you put on a coin? 
It’s really hard to decide, but I think I might settle on Magnus Bane, or Percy Jackson. I think both would appreciate it :) 

7. What book would you give the Ruler of Books award of 2016 to?
As in, what was my favorite 2016 release? That would be (surprise surprise) A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. 


And now I’m gonna run around and tag

~ Erika @ Books & Stars ~
~ Sam Frost @ Tsundoku Books ~
~ Carrie @ The Book Goddess ~
~ Cloe @ Mornings and Epilogues ~ 


Have fun and have a great day! :D 




2 comments:

  1. This is a cool tag! I agree with you on so many of these! Same, I LOVED ACOMAF so much! It is by far one of my favourites of 2016 as well! Thanks for tagging me! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!