Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday - Back to School!

Hey all!

Welcome to a new Top Ten Tuesday! I haven’t done one of these in a while, and, if you saw my previous post, I want to do these again! They’re so much fun and are generally such a good idea! 



Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by the amazing group at The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, there is a new theme to follow! 

This week, the theme is “Back to School”. Basically, I can make my own topic as long as it’s school-related! Therefore, I’m going with Top Ten book-to-class combinations.  I’m going to try to relate each class I’ve taken with a book I’ve read! Let’s see how this goes. 

1. - Math -  An Abundance of Katherines, by John Green 
The main character is kind of a math nerd, and there’s graphs and plots in the book. Enough said, hahah. 

2. - Music - If I Stay, by Gayle Forman
Mia, the main character, is a cello prodigy. Music brings her to life, in more ways than one. 

3. - English - The Giver, by Lois Lowry
Purely because this is my favorite book that I’ve ever had to read for an english class. Thank you so much, Mrs. S!

4. - History - Stravaganza, by Mary Hofman
This book takes place in Renaissance Italy, a time period I love! 

5. - Geography - Lets get Lost, by Adi Alsaid 
I haven’t read it yet, oops! ^-^ 

6. - Chemistry - Siberia, by Ann Halam
Ok so technically Siberia is more a book about biology and genetics... but hey chem’s involved in that! I really wish I could read a book about a true chem nerd, who realizes the world isn’t what it seems and uses his/her chem knowledge to save stuff! That would be so cool, hahaha! 

7. - Science - Illuminae, by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
One of the best sci-fi books I have ever read! And I pre-ordered a signed copy  + merch of book 2!!! *Happy dance*

8. - Environmental Studies - Exodus, by Julie Bertagna
Honestly one of the best books I have read regarding climate change. I have book 2 here, and I’m looking forward to re-reading it! 

9. - Art - A Court of Thorns and Roses, by Sarah J. Maas 
Feyre and art. Of course :) (I need book 3... ;-; ) 

10. - Reading time - (Aka my currently reading)
I’m almost done reading an ARC of Dancing in the Rain, and then I’ll be reading The Alchemist :)


That’s it for today! Would you put anything different?
Have a great day! 


6 comments:

  1. Great list!! I love The GIver. That's one of my all time fave books. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I agree, the Giver is also one of my favorites! I have a hardback copy and I brought it with me on semester abroad just because I wanted it have it with me, hahah.

      Delete
  2. Illuminae would make a great pick for science!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your choice of topic for this week!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2016/08/30/top-ten-tuesday-72/

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!