Sunday, December 2, 2018

12 Days of Giving - Days 2 - LIV Livres Solidaires

Hello, Dragonflies! 

This is the second day of #bookish12days, and I'm so happy with the turnout! Not as many people are participating in the event as I would have hoped, however I've received messages about what people are doing for the greater good around them, and it makes me so happy! 

"I planned on giving (it) to people living on the road in my city, since my country has a hight poverty rate..." - @nabaimran2003

"I'm currently helping on a food bank" - @sunny.pages 

"I love that you're doing this!" - @sjmtrash 

"One of the best giveaways that one could enter. Go and enter peeps. The world needs some kindness."


I've had feedback on individual charities, just as I've gotten opinions on how the event is being run. For those of your participating, thank you! A little information goes a long way! 

Today's Charity is LIV Livres Solidaires. This charity is based in Belgium and works to collect books and educational supplies to send to Haiti, a Francophone colony that has been hit by misfortune, through corruption and tropical storms. This combination makes it very difficult for children and adults alike to receive a solid education. 



This is a charity that I have had the pleasure to work with in the past, through my university. I can assure you, the cause is worthwhile! 

Today, my theme was sharing, and I challenged people to tell me the books they'd like to share with the world. I narrowed my choices down to 6:

- The Little Prince, by Antoine de Saint-Exupery 
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians, by Rick Riordan 
- The Giver, by Lois Lowry
- The Infernal Devices, by Cassandra Clare
- A Darker Shade of Magic, by V.E. Schwab
- I am the Messenger, by Markus Zusak 

Each of these books have an incredible message behind them, that have gotten me forward in various stages of life, and have helped me grow. 

Stay kind, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!