Sunday, December 17, 2017

Just Another Week, Always New Discoveries III

Hey, all! 

I hope you are doing well! Winter break has officially started here, and, with 7 weeks off, I hope I'll be able to read a bit more than usual, to review some more and to catch up on everything that I missed! 


Stay Bookish 

1. Read
So I kind of temporarily gave up on A Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy - it's been a little slow for me especially through exams where I can only really read one short chapter at a time. I might pick it up during the winter break again. 

Yesterday, I started A Gathering of Shadows, by V.E. Schwab! I'm 2 sections in and I adore it, just as I adored a Darker Shade of Magic!  


2. Haul
No haul this time! However I did re-purpose a candle I had! One of my candles I had from Letters and Lights had its wick burn out, but loads of wax was still on the edges. I melted it and re-formed it to make melts! 

3. Discover
I didn't discover much, but I'm simply dying for Obsidio to be published! This is the third Illuminae book by Jay Kristoff and Amie Kaufmann, and it'll be out in March! 


Bring on the Music
Oh I've actually been all OVER the music front lately! Right now I'm listening to something I just discovered yesterday - Walk The Moon's new album. I actually really love it! :D 

Sleeping At Last is a band I also discovered this week, and they're amazing to read/relax to! I would recommend listening to their song called Earth. 

I also re-discovered many songs I used to listen to when I was 13-15, and of course, had to make a playlist with them ^^. It's funny how I haven't heard many of these songs in years, yet still know many of them by heart! 

On a more serious note, a very well-appreciated French singer - Johnny Hallyday, died last week. The impact it had on the country was huge... he will be missed. 

Movies and Motion Pictures

1. TV shows
Since yesterday, I've been catching up with Once Upon a Time! I didn't think I'd like the new season, with #CaptainSwan gone and Henry being an adult, but I love the way they twisted it this season! It reflects season 1 well but still manages to surprise me! 

2. Movies
I want to seen Coco! And Wonder! I heard that the new Star Wars movie was supposed to be good, but I'm not a big fan of the franchise, for some reason. 

That's it for me this week! I'd love to see your responses! 

Stay bookish! 

2 comments:

  1. I really want to see Coco and Wonder as well! I also really want to see the new Star Wars but I'll probably wait until later in January when a little of the fuss has died down and it'll be slightly easier to get a seat in a theater (right now, every seat in my local theater is sold out!). I really like the franchise, especially the new installments! Still, though, any movie that's based off of a book, I want to see :)

    Laura @BlueEyeBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah it's been a crazy time around the Star War releases! there was so much hype! Heard the most incredible things about Coco and Wonder!

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!