Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Rip it or Ship it!

Rip It or Ship It? 

Hey all!
I was a bit bored, so I searched for a tag to do, and I found this one! 

Not my image

The concept? Simple; I have a bunch of names of book characters here in a container. I will draw two at a time. If I don't ship them (either as a relationship or friendship), I'll rip them! 
If I counted right, I should have 19 pairs, drawn at random! 
Okay let's get started!!

1. Aza, from Magonia, and Professor McGonagall, from Harry Potter
Ooh okay! Um I actually think they could be friends, like Harry and the professor were! SHIP!

2. Prince Maxon from the Selection, and Four/Tobias, from Divergent
I honestly think this would be a disaster! They would drive each other insane! RIP!

3. Simon, from The Mortal Instruments, and Gandalf, from Lord of the Rings
Hahahahaha I can't!!!!! XD 
Um I think Simon would be Gandalf's #1 fan, and that Gandalf would find Simon's geeky side hilarious or annoying as a tag-along! SHIP!

4. Quentin, from Paper Towns, and Cinder, from Cinder
Awwww I can totally see this happening in some sort of weird way! Cause Q loves mystery and particularities, and would accept cinder, who really wants to be accepted! Cuteee! SHIP!

5. Day, from Legend, and Margo, from Paper Towns
Ooh tricky!  I think Day would like Margo's adventure side, but she might not like his violence. I think they could be friends though. :) SHIP!

6. Katniss Everdeen, from the Hunger Games, and Frodo Baggins, from the Lor  of the Rings
Hmmmm... I don't think this would work for some reason... Katniss would not like Frodo's kind of hobbity mellowness, and Frodo would probably think she's too stubborn. I just can't see this happen! RIP!

7. Elias from An Ember in the Ashes, and Eragon , from Eragon
Oh I think these two could totally work as friends! Elias could skirmish with Eragon, they both want freedom/adventure... yeah this would be cool! SHIP!

8. Laurel from Wings, and Clarisse, from Percy Jackson and the Olympians
NOPE! Stop! Clarisse would be such a bully to laurel!! No question - RIP!

9. Jace Wayland, from the mortal instruments, and Hades, from Disney's Hercules
Wowwwwww can you imagine the sass competitions between the two of them?!? I think they would be friends without admitting it! It'd be hilarious! SHIP!

10. Valentine Morgenstern, from the mortal instruments, and Annabeth Chase, from Percy Jackson and the Olympians
Oh my gosh they'd be such cool enemies, if you see what I mean! They would just HATE each other! For this, I RIP, but I SHIP a story line with their rivalry! 

11. Laura, from An Ember in the Ashes, and Dai, from Magonia
Aw this could actually be sweet!! They are both so similar and different at one! It's a definite SHIP! 

12. Percy Jackson, from Percy Jackson and the Olympians, and Celaena Sardothien, from Throne of Glass
Hmm I need to really think for this one... I don't think they'd really go well together in a relationship, but they would be good friends... I think! Actually yeah they really could be, minus the assassin part so SHIP!

13. Dumbledore, from Harry Potter, and Peeta Mellark, from The Hunger Games
... what? What is this? I don't even know what to do with this!! Meh, I'll just RIP it, I can't even imagine them in the same universe! 

14. Prince Kai, from Cinder, and Katsa, from Graceling
Friends. Yes I can totally imagine them as being really good friends!!! And maybe a bit more...? SHIP!

15. Tris, from Divergent, and Augustus Waters, from The Fault in our Stars
(Wierd via the actors for Tris and hazel are the same..., and Augustus and Caleb...) but I really like this idea!! I would see this happening, strangely! Could even be cute if we're talking about Abnegation Tris!! ^-^ SHIP!

16. America, from the Selection, and Voldemort, from Harry Potter
BAHAHAHAH I LOVE THESE VILLAIN PAIRINGS!! Even though this is absolutely hilarious, my decision is obvious, RIP! 

17. Tessa Gray, from The Infernal Devices, and Hazel Grace Lancaster, from The Fault in our Stars
Oh I think these two could be AMAZING friends!!!! They both love reading and they're so alike and SHIP!!

18. Mare, from Red Queen, and June, from Legend
You know what, yes. Just they'd be like sisters, at least in my mind! SHIP!

19. Clary Fray, from the mortal instruments, and Draco Malfoy, from Harry Potter
Ooh kind of a strange one to finish off with! I actually can really see this happening! But when Draco is on his good side, of course! I think I'm going to ship this!! SHIP! 

So what did you think? Do you agree with my ships and rips, or am I way off? Any preferences? Comment below! :D 

Also, I'm inviting you all to do it as well! Link me to your list in the comments and I'll have a look!! 

This was actually a lot of fun!! Can't wait to see some of your answers!!

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved this! Simon and Gandalf? That would have to be the most epic geek/wiseman pairing ever! Jace and Hades would totally enter the biggest epic battle of wit and snark, and I would love to see that! And I agree, Valentine and Annabeth would make FANTASTIC enemies! They both are strategic, both have some pride issues, and both are cunning. Katniss and Frodo would NOT work at all! They're on opposite spectrums. I feel like Katniss would get along better with Bilbo, but with Frodo it's a guaranteed no!
    Loved this tag, I'm going to have to find time to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks!! I'd love to read a mash up where Simon and Gandalf know each other!!! It'd be so awesome!! And for all the other pairings you mentioned, I totally agree!! :D
      Can't wait to see your list!!!

      Delete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!