Thursday, July 9, 2015

Cinder, by Marissa Meyer

Cinder, by Marissa Meyer

Cinder is an awesome futuristic re-telling of Cinderella, and the whole concept of it was SO COOL! 
Cinder, the main character, is hated by her step-family, and by most of society, because she is a cyborg - parts of her are robotic. Robots and androids are a normal part of everyday life, but not cyborgs. 
In this society, some people have left earth to live on the moon. These people are the Lunars, and they have awesome capabilities, but are generally hated by people on Earth.
One day, Cinder meets Prince Kai, the next emperor of the Eastern Commonwealth (Asia). From this innocent meeting, Cinder goes through a whole stream of self-discoveries and experiments.
Oh! I should also maybe mention that an incurable plague has taken over Earth, that came from the moon! 

Nerd sensors: activated! 

I loved the characters, and the character relations! (I SO ship Cinder and Kai!!) 
The future that the author made is so awesome! What's creepy is that its is actually somewhat plausible! 
The plot of the book is also really great! However, I had guessed that last huge plot twist earlier in the book ^-^… still cool though!!
Also, is it just me, or would this work really well as an anime/manga as well?!
Another thing that I loved about it was that even though it was a 're-telling, it managed to keep all of the original elements from Cinderella! The evil step family, the Prince, the ball,  just so much was there! :) 

I gave this book a 4.5/5 on goodreads!
I'm sorry if this post isn't as in-deapth as they usually are, I just have my kindle to write with and it takes a lot more time =p

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I loved the "Nerd sensors: activated!" part! Cinder is definitely a great read, and I really loved Cinder and Kai. They're so cute together!!! I can't wait for you to read Scarlet and Cress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks!! It's true though, I can be such a nerd with that kind of stuff! X)
    And yes they are so sweet!!!!
    I'll see if I can find scarlet around :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!