Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Disney Book Tag!

Hi all! 
Since the book I am now reading is taking me a little bit of time, I decided to do a tag! 
So here it is, the Disney book tag! *insert disney music of your choice here*
This book tag was made in honor of the release of The Isle of the Lost. 

1. The Little Mermaid - a character who is out of their element, a 'fish out of water'. 
My choice for this can come across as being quite unexpected, but I promise it will make sense! I chose Eragon from... well... Eragon, by Christopher Paolini. He goes from being just a poor farmer, without any special talents or position (except for hunting), to being a highly-important Dragon Rider, with crazy magical abilities, huge responsibility, and is basically treated like royalty. I think that would make anyone feel out of place! 

2. Cinderella - a character who goes through a major transformation. 
(OK now I see that Eragon would have also been good for here... oh well). The character I chose for this is Simon from The Mortal Instruments, by Cassandra Clare. It can't get any more literal than what happens to him. He goes from being a high-school geek, (then to a rat), to being a vampire! And not only does he have fangs and lives off blood, but he can survive in the sunlight. This makes him a 'Daylighter' or a type of super-vampire. I know this choice was not as personality-based as many other lists are, but I thought a literal transformation could work just as well :) 

3. Snow White - a book with an eclectic cast of characters. 
*Looks up eclectic* - Ah okay!
This is hard because so many series have diverse characters!! But I have to go with the Maximum Ride series, by James Patterson. For those of you who haven't read it, let me clarify. The main group of six kids all have 98% human genes and 2% Bird genes, resulting in a pair of wings on each kid. Max, the leader, is very, well, leading. Fang is dark and mysterious. Iggy is blind and very sarcastic. Angel is young and super sweet and cute. Nudge is all about style. Gazzy is a hilarious kid. They are so different its crazy, but together they make an awesome team. 
I haven't read these books in ages, makes me want to read them again! 

4. Sleeping Beauty - A book that put you to sleep.
To tell you the truth, I have never fallen asleep while reading. BUT one book got me close to that, and it is The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkien. Not that its a bad book, I actually love the story! Its just that the constant songs, and super detailed descriptions had a tendency to make me loose my concentration and make me close the book, setting it aside for later. 

5. The Lion King - a character that had something traumatic happen to them in their childhood. 
For this tag I'll choose Liesel from The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. I would elaborate, but it would be such an awful spoiler! But for those of you who have read it, I hope you agree that she has had one long list of traumatic experiences! 

6. Beauty and the Beast - A beast of a book that you were intimidated by, but found the story to beautiful. 
Yes, another Mortal Instruments tag, but hey, you have to admit, that City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare is absolutely massive, yet amazing to read! For scale, The Hunger Games, by Suzanne Collins, is 374 pages long, and CoHF is... wait for it... 733 pages long, with smaller print! (At least those are my copies). After buying it I kept telling myself 'its going to take aaaages to finish!' 

I finished in two days. Yep. 

7. Aladdin - A character who gets their wish granted, for the better or the worse. 
For this tag, I chose Santiago, the shepherd boy from The Alchemist, by Paulo Coelho. Eventually Santiago wishes to find a treasure near the Egyptian pyramids. This wish is granted at the end, for the better. :)

8. Mulan - A character who pretends to be someone or something they are not. 
Mare from Victoria Aveyard's Red Queen fits this category well. She has to pretend that she is a lost Silver princess to hide the peculiar powers she is born with. However, she is a Red, someone low-class who is not meant to have any powers. 

9. Toy Story - books with characters you wish could comet to life. 
ALL DA BOOKS! BRING THE CHARACTERS TO LIFFEEEEEE!!!! Hehe sorry ^^. 
This is an absolutely cruel decision to make! How about a mix of the characters from The Mortal Instruments, Percy Jackson and the Olympians, Wings, Stravaganza, and Harry Potter. Yeah that'd be cool :) I'm sorry if I can't choose >.> 

10. Disney Descendants - Your favorite villan or morally ambiguous character. 
From Disney or from any book? From Disney I have to choose Hades, from Her-cu-leeees! His sarcasm is amazing, yet he still has great villain attributes! From books I'm choosing Voldemort, from Harry Potter. That guy has some serious dedication, he needs an award for that! I mean splitting your soul in seven pieces to (hopefully) live forever? That's some serious business! 


I tag everyone! :) 





1 comment:

  1. Hi! I know I already messaged you through Goodreads but I'll tell you again... You're one of my nominees for the Liebster award! <3 >> http://wp.me/p5xoF4-oN <<

    Have fun answering the questions and blog hopping! <3

    Ren x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys! I hope you enjoyed this post!
Any and all comments make me smile, and I will reply to all of them!
I can reply in English, French, and sometimes in Dutch and German.
Have an absolutely fabulous day!